The only security in life is your ability to produce
There is no such thing as security.
Neither financial, nor health, relationship, none.
- Your computer will crash in the middle of your work, when you are doing something important and you haven’t saved it. or just before you would sign on to your favorite webinar you paid for.
- Your neighbor’s cat will use your flower beds as a potty… and your flowers no smell cat poop.
- Your country, your business, your livelihood is shut down by some pandemic or the excuse of it.
- Your innards start to grow cancerous growths, and you can’t eat, can’t poop, can’t move… it hurts and you see that you are now probably incurable.
No such thing as security.
I am a Jew. I come from a long line of Jews who, for 2000 years survived, in spite of the fact that there was no security for Jews ever, maybe, in history.
So how did we do it?
One of the principles that allowed us to survive is this:
The only security is your ability to produce.
You may say, everyone can produce, but you would be mistaken. Getting a job is needed for 99% of humanity to be able to prove that they can produce… or not.
What does it mean ‘to produce’?
There are millions of survivalists thinking that they have a foolproof system to survive. But they are, without exception, not producers.
A producer can create something from nothing, purely from their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
When I work with people, I am horrified to find that they have no skills, no abilities, nothing to produce with. Even a college degree, a master’s degree, even a PhD doesn’t prepare you to be a producer. You still need some other dude to set up a company, or the government, or an organization to buy a chair and a desk so you can do what you were trained to do.
- Sorting paperclips, or doing someone’s books… no matter, you are not a producer.